We included an “unofficial and rather unorthodox gift guide” in our December monthly newsletter and decided to repost it here. Find books for some very specific people in your life using the lists below.
For Those Who Want to Change the World
For that noble friend or family member who is always listening to public radio, reading thoughtful nonfiction, and canvassing for human rights and environmental issues.
- Bright Unbearable Reality by Anna Badkhen
- Memoirs of a Revolutionary by Victor Serge
- Wilding by Isabella Tree
For the Lover of Myth and Epic
Think House of Dragons devotees or the young ones in your life who have discovered Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series.
- After by Vivek Narayanan
- The Long Ships by Frans G. Bengtsson
- Seasons of Splendour by Madhur Jaffrey
For the Naturalist
These books will delight those who love their animals and the natural world.
- Bambi by Felix Salten
- Tarka the Otter by Henry Williamson
- D’Aulaires’ Book of Animals by Ingri & Edgar Parin d’Aulaire
For Les Enfants Terribles
For the rebels, the provocateurs, the pushers of envelopes. You know the ones.
For the Romantic
For those who preach the message of love above all.